17 July 2008

Snow



Some days ago we were driving back from the Eastern Cape province to west to Cape Town. It’s relatively beautiful route although it’s not the scenic and more famous Garden Route. It’s pretty harsh environment for most part of the way. They call it Karoo, but it reminds me actually of Kalahari in Botswana’s side. Towards Cape Town you see some pretty amazing mountain views that are enough for someone like me from a flat country to appreciate.

This time the views were particularly beautiful as the mountain tops were snowy. Since I come from the Northern Hemisphere where the southern half is always simplified it still somehow surprises me to see snow here although I know that it comes sometimes, especially to the mountains. This is such a beautiful and diverse country

No comments: