17 September 2009

...CC me as well!

I licensed my blog long time ago with the Creative Commons. At some point, while changing the layout or doing some such reconstruction work I have lost the bit of code; the CC (Creative Commons) icon, that tells what can be done with the content here. I can’t even remember if the licence was based on UK, Finnish or what legislation.

But these things are not so important now. I have licensed it again, now definitely based on South African copyright laws. You may use, distribute and rework all of this material freely so long as you make mention it’s by me and don’t ask money for it. If you should have a money making scheme in your mind, then we’ll talk.

Creative Commons licences are pretty cool. It’s still a copyright only you don’t pursue quite all of your rights to the point that people are allowed to hardly even think about it. I don’t expect, in a blog like mine, this even making too much difference; it’s mainly a symbolical gesture and to be part of the movement because copyright laws as we know them (and as most don’t know much about them) are so incredibly faulty, that something needs to be done.

Here’s a reading list for free content about copyrights. I am currently studying some of this as a part of my Masters Degree so why not share the links if you are interested.

Full E-Books:


No comments: