19 February 2010

Minor Addition to Something Old

Some not so long time ago I was writing how I find it to be a bit rich for the DVD's to have so much stuff before the actual thing I have paid for. You know, trailers, adverts, all kinds of so called anti-piracy PSAs on so forth. Now, yestreday I spotted a nice visualisation for this excact thing making its rounds in Twitter. Who's done it - I don't know - so it's hard for me to credit the right person, but I got it by following the writer behind some great comedy such as my all time favourite Father Ted and also IT Crowd, Graham Linehan aka @Glinner. He hasn't made it, I think, but let's give general Friday props for his work nonetheless.

Piracy

I must say, as a sort of a disclaimer, that I don't advocate the use of the term "piracy", and using it certainly adds to the problem more than anything. I don't particularly advocate the practice that the term is used to describe, but we are all adults and must do what we do. I think the main problem is the copyright at this point and I wish the people in position to do so, could see that changing the law could really make the zeitgeist less confrontational and help everyone. 

Other than that, it's happy weekend.

No comments: