28 June 2010

Old News

Beyond Xenophobia

Now that I am under the influence of unlimited and fast Internet I thought I'd add some old audio to the blog as well. This is the documentary we made a few years ago in an attempt to improve the public discourse around the so called xenophobic violence in South Africa. It just seemed so simplified that it was rather offensive. I don’t know if we managed to achieve the goal, but I am proud of the final documentary nonetheless. Have a listen.

Beyond Xenophobia by mikmikko

Beyond Xenophobia is an audio documentary reflecting the unrest that in South Africa was referred to as xenophobia. This exploration suggests that the term used is too narrow, even misleading, and that the reasons were deeper that the general media discourse may have indicated. It was broadcasted on SAfm in 2009.

No comments: