30 November 2010

Unnecessary stress



Had a bit of a scare today when my MP3 player went missing. The scare wasn’t so much about the frustration of under which pile of papers it is, but rather in which pile of snow it is. I was playing with my son in the snow and consequently approximately twenty minutes later scanned through the snow in the darkness of the Finnish late November with the rather dim light from my mobile phone as my only aid. Just when my wife and son got back to help me I had saved a weird ball of snow with a familiar black corner sticking out of it and tried to melt it with my bare hands in the freezing cold. I think it works, but as an experience – although I am not sure if that is the healthy way to look at it – this is one of those that I estimate to shorten my life with five minutes or so.

No comments: