13 December 2010

Experimenting with experiences

experimenting with experience

What this is not, is a new year’s resolution. Let me make that very clear. It is, however something that I intend to try out in 2011; a year for which I am more than ready.

I want to start experiencing great albums again. These days it’s mainly about playlists, Spotify, a new video on Youtube, download a mixtape and so on. Some new albums I listen to as albums and not just as a bunch of songs one after another, but it happens less and less, I find.

So in 2011 I will revisit some classic albums – classic meaning, the ones that mean something to me – and attempt to enjoy them from the beginning to the end and all songs in order they were intended. I don’t know how many times, how often and how long I will be doing this, but I guess I’ll do it as much as feels right. I haven’t yet started, but have a good few ideas for some early records I wish to revisit. It’s been ages since I took time to listen to some music that I find so meaningful in my life.

No comments: