30 April 2011

Follow up

As a follow up to my recent post about Professor Manning Marable and his new book on Malcolm X I thought I'd post this discussion from Al Jazeera. I actually still haven't got the book and  I'll probably wait for the paperback since my reading list is very long currently. It's very exciting, tad overwhelming and also a bit frustrating, but I'll get to there eventually. There's been many commentaries on this book - some positive and others negative - but before reading I can't say much. Besides the video below, here's also Mumia Abu Jamal's commentary from death row. On an unrelated note - his case will be revisited soon and certainly that's necessary. I am hoping to see him, and the rest of the political prisoners, even if framed to be jailed for other reasons, released.


No comments: